Transylvania, with its magnificent forests and vast meadows, is a paradise for both horse and rider. Join us on a riding tour for the chance to enjoy some exhilarating canters in open field, to sample local delicacies, visit shepherds and observe a way of life in remote villages where time has stood still.
We offer 7 different center-based trails to different villages in the Hârtibaciu Valley and Târnavelor Valley. All our tours are Eco Tours, certified by AER, the Romanian Ecotourism Association.
Each trail is 15-20 km long and takes about 9 hours: 5-6 hours of riding and a 3 hour-break upon destination.
During the break we will have lunch and enjoy a cultural experience.
Riding helmets are mandatory. Suitable footwear and pants to be worn. We do not advise riding in denim jeans unless you are used to doing so, as they may chaff your legs. Riding breeches/jodhpurs with chaps or long boots are recommended. Footwear must be supportive of the ankle and have a heel. Sun block is recommended. Gloves are recommended and provided for free. Rain jacket and rain pants that fit over riding clothes recommended, in case of rain.
We require that all riders taking part on the tour are able to walk/trot and canter competently. We advise riders to take some lessons before taking our tours.
Our horses are well schooled and beautifully mannered, suited for both experienced and novice riders.
- 30 min. training in the arena: €11/pers;
- 1,5 - 2 h riding tour: €30/pers;
- 3 h riding tour: €45/pers;
- 1 day riding with lunch and cultural programme (9h): €110/pers;
- 1 day riding, 2 nights accommodation and 5 meals: €200/pers.
The fee for each trail includes:
- helmets, riding gloves and safety vests;
- professional riding guide for the whole trip (English/German);
- full lunch board (drinks included);
- church/museum entrance fees.